Tuesday 15 October 2013

On arrival training

During their first month of EVS, every volonteer has an " On-arrival training"
I just come back from mind, and I think its important to explain more this... This training last 6 days during which you are no-stop with others EVS volunteers who lives everywhere in Czech Republic.

The first thing that I noticed is that it was in the middle of nowhere, so the travel was looooooonnng ( and apparently, it's often in places like that ). I was exactly in Horni Marsov:
I've travel during 5 hours. I've meet the first others volunteers at the bus stop, it was easy to recognise them: young, with a big bag, looking lost and tired.
We were 24 EVS volounteers in total from everywhere in Europe . That's one of the nicest part. In your On-arrival training, you meet very differents people with differents cultures but you will always had with them two communt points at least: they're foreigners in Czech Republic and they're doing an EVS. So, it's really to feel close to them and it's very reassuring to meet people that living almost the same situation.
During the week we've done workshops about differents subjects: team bulding, communication, youthpass etc.. They were brought by playful maniere. And we had a lot of free time to know each other a little bit more.  The trainners using ours ideas to make the planning, or to straighten it . If you have any doubts be sure than they will try to give you an answer.
At the end of the week, you will have new friends, new ideas, new desires and new places to go. I can't tell you more because I think that every "On-arrival training" is differents, it depends on your trainners and the other volunteer but I'm pratically sure that it's always a good experience !

No comments:

Post a Comment